2017 Tailgating Information
Enjoy Mustang Football the right way and tailgate before every home Cal Poly Football game this season!
Tailgating is allowed on campus on football game days and specifically designated to South Perimeter and College Avenue.
CLICK HERE to purchase a tailgate spot
If you would like to pick your space, please contact the Ticket Office at (805) 756-7288
For more information call The Cal Poly Ticket Office at (805) 756-7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Where can I tailgate?
Tailgating is permitted along South Perimter and College Avenue. Click here for an interactive campus map. A map of the Mustang Way and College Avenue is featured above.
How much are the tailgate passes?
Spaces are $300 for the Perimeter Road and College Avenue locations with spaces 6-12 and 29-38 designated for gas grills. Season passes are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis for the 2017 season. Please call (805) 756-7288 or email email@example.com for more information. Gameday Tailgating will be available if spaces do not sell out for the season. Cost for gameday tailgating on a game by game basis is $50. Payment is due when you arrive to the Event Staff onsite. Single game tailgating spots will go on sale August 19.
How do I get to the tailgate lot on game day?
Individuals with season passes to tailgate on Perimeter and College Avenue or on game day should enter campus via California Blvd. and follow all traffic signs and public service information officers to their designated spot.
How do I purchase my tailgating season pass?
Order online by clicking HERE. Call the Athletic Advancement Office at (805) 756-7288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For day of purchase, make your payment to the Event Staff onsite.
What are the tailgating hours?
Tailgate areas will be open six (6) hours prior to kickoff, and will be closed at kickoff. There will be no tailgating during the game or at halftime. All tailgate areas must be cleared within one (1) hour following the conclusion of the game.
What are the policies for tailgating?
- Cal Poly and the University Police Department in cooperation with the Department of Athletics determine tailgating areas in consultation with the state fire marshal.
- California State laws pertaining to the possession, consumption, and distribution of alcohol and controlled substances will be enforced by University Police.
- Tailgating is only allowed in designated areas. Fans are charged per space in advance or upon entry.
- Any Campus Department of Program wishing to purchase a tailgate spot must follow current campus policies on hosting for food and alcohol.
- Tailgate parking is permitted to begin six (6) hours prior to kickoff.
- South Perimeter location will be closed for incoming vehicle traffic two hours prior to kickoff
- Only 1 car is permitted per space. No additional vehicles, trailers, or other similar structure permitted other than those used to transport supplies/grills.
- All tents, beyond the standard 10’x10’ size and tailgate set up must be approved in advance by athletics department prior to being permitted in the tailgate area. Tents need to be fire resistive or treated and they shall be weighted.
- All gear must be within your tailgate location (i.e. tents, tables, chairs and grills) and cannot spill outside of you the designated tailgate spots.
- All tailgate spots are limited to a maximum of 75 users. Additional spots must be purchased to accommodate groups larger than 75.
- All tailgating must conclude at kickoff.
- No tailgating is permitted at halftime.
- Tailgating is allowed up to one hour after the game has concluded, but no alcohol may be consumed. Tailgating spots must be cleared after that one hour. South Perimeter tailgating location, vehicles will not be allowed to exit until 30 minutes after the conclusion of the game or until UPD re-opens road for exiting.
- Glass containers are not permitted in the tailgate area with exception of wine bottles, which must be poured into non glass containers for consumption.
- Large grills pulled by vehicles (on their own wheels) are not permitted in the tailgate area without express consent of the Cal Poly Athletic Department.
- Gas Grills only in designated tailgating spots 6-12 and 29-38 due to those being grass areas.
- Kegs and hard liquor are NOT permitted in any tailgating areas on campus.
- If you have a deep fat fryer, you must have a K-Type fire extinguisher with it.
- All sidewalks must remain clear at all times.
- Drinking games prohibited.
- Individuals participating in tailgate activities are expected to clean up their respective areas prior to departing Cal Poly. Recyclable and trash receptacles will be provided throughout the tailgating area. Please make every attempt to take trash with you. Violators will be assessed a fee for cleanup should service be necessary.
- Any violation of the tailgating policy may result in immediate termination of tailgating privileges, criminal prosecution (i.e., misdemeanor ticketing), and/or disciplinary action through the Cal Poly Office of Students Rights and Responsibilities if the violator is a Cal Poly student.
- Banners or signage recognizing businesses or products may not be displayed without express consent of the Cal Poly Athletic Department.
- The sale of food or beverages of any kind is strictly prohibited in all tailgating areas on campus.
- Host of each tailgate spot purchased must be present at all times.
Entry onto and use of these premises for “Tailgating” activities is subject to the University’s Policies and Procedures and is at risk of the individual. Individuals in the “Tailgating” area assume the associated risks and agree to hold the University harmless for illness, injury, death, property damage, and or other consequences resulting from entry or participation in “Tailgating” activities on these premises.
The Cal Poly Athletic Department would like to thank you for your attendance, support and cooperation. These guidelines were established for the safety and enjoyment of all fans. They are intended to provide an opportunity for everyone to come out early and have small, social gatherings. Enjoy the game and please be respectful of other fans.