STOCKTON – Closing a two-match Northern California road trip on Sunday afternoon, the Cal Poly women's tennis program fell in a shortened 4-0 decision to Pacific at Hal Nelson Courts.
In doubles action, Pacific claimed the point with Hana Ritterova and Iveta Masarova outlasting Cal Poly junior Danè Joubert and sophomore Louise Oxnevad (6-4) at No. 1 while the Tiger tandem of Antonella Santeusanio and Regina Suarez swept past junior Bryn Bacharach and freshman Zoe Oedekerk (6-0) at No. 3. In the remaining doubles match, Mustang sophomore Sayaka Tsugai and freshman Molly Reed were leading Pacific's Christiana Ferrari and Gergana Boncheva 5-4 when the match was left unfinished.
In completed singles matches, Ritterova bested Reed at the No. 2 position, 6-0, 6-0, while, at No. 5, Boncheva outdueled Cal Poly's Bacharach (top), 6-3, 6-0. Pacific wrapped up victory at No. 6, with Santeusanio topping Mustang freshman Abigail Bacharach, 6-3, 6-2.
During singles matches left unfinished with the overall decision complete, Oxnevad was recovering from an opening-set loss to Masarova at No. 1 (6-2, 2-2) while, at the third position, Oedekerk led her second set versus Ferrari after dropping the opener (6-4, 1-2). At No. 4, Tsugai was in front of Boncheva 6-5 in the opening set before play was halted.
Cal Poly (1-8) returns home to Mustang Courts to open a three-match home stand versus Liberty on Thursday, March 12 at 2 p.m.
Pacific 4, Cal Poly 0
March 8, 2015
Hal Nelson Courts (Stockton, Calif.)
1. Hana Ritterova/Iveta Masarova (UOP) def. Danè Joubert/Louise Oxnevad (CP), 6-4
2. Christiana Ferrari/Gergana Boncheva (UOP) vs. Molly Reed/Sayaka Tsugai (CP), 4-5, unfinished
3. A. Santeusanio/Regina Suarez (UOP) def. Zoe Oedekerk/Bryn Bacharach (CP), 6-0
1. Iveta Masarova (UOP) vs. Louise Oxnevad (CP), 6-2, 2-2, unfinished
2. Hana Ritterova (UOP) def. Molly Reed (CP), 6-0, 6-0
3. Christiana Ferrari (UOP) vs. Zoe Oedekerk (CP), 6-4, 1-2, unfinished
4. Francis Dean (UOP) vs. Sayaka Tsugai (CP), 5-6, unfinished
5. Gergana Boncheva (UOP) def. Bryn Bacharach (CP), 6-3, 6-0
6. A. Santeusanio (UOP) def. Abigail Bacharach (CP), 6-3, 6-2