SAN LUIS OBISPO- The Cal Poly women's tennis team played a hard fought match on senior day, as the Mustangs battled Cal State Fullerton to the last point, but fell 4-3.
The Mustangs started their last home match of the season with doubles play, where they fought, but couldn't clinch the point.
Down 1-0, the Mustangs started singles play, where Bacharach fell to Danielle Pham 6-0, 6-4 on court six. Celine Gruaz fell to Masako Makiba on court five 6-3, 6-1, giving the Titans a 3-0 lead.
Louise Oxnevad turned the momentum around, as she put the first point on the board for the Mustangs after beating De Leon on court two 6-2, 6-3, winning her last singles home match of her college career.
Molly Reed came out with a win after beating Nuno on court four 7-5, 6-1. Saltzen tied things up after she won her first set and took her second set to a tiebreaker with Portalatin on court three, coming out with a 6-2, 7-6 win.
Tied at 3-3, Boyden pushed Valenzuela to three sets. Their third set went back and forth with lead changes. After a long set, Boyden fell 6-4, 4-6, 6-4 on court one, clinching the match for Fullerton.
Cal Poly is now 3-12 on the season and 1-4 in conference play.
The Mustangs will wrap up the rest of their season on the road to finish the rest of their conference matches, starting with Long Beach State on Friday April 14.
1. Alexis Valenzuela (CSF) def. Susanne Boyden (CPWT) 6-4, 4-6, 6-4
2. Louise Oxnevad (CPWT) def. Camille De Leon (CSF) 6-2, 6-3
3. Seriana Saltzen (CPWT) def. Karla Portalatin (CSF) 6-2, 7-6
4. Molly Reed (CPWT) def. Sarah Nuno (CSF) 7-5, 6-1
5. Masako Makiba (CSF) def. Celine Gruaz (CPWT) 6-3, 6-1
6. Danielle Pham (CSF) def. Abigail Bacharach (CPWT) 6-0, 6-4
Match Notes: Order of finish: Doubles (1,2); Singles (6,5,2,4,3,1*)